• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (The Millennium trilogy)

Started by Spooky, August 07, 2011, 11:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Spooky on August 30, 2011, 03:32:44 PM
Quote from: AdmiralDigby on August 30, 2011, 03:10:14 PM
Should I be reading this ?

It's a pretty good mystery series. It took me until I finished the first 3rd of "The Dragon Tattoo" before I got into it, but book two had me hooked from the start. It's a meatier story and it is written at a much faster pace than book #1. Also, you can't help but root for the 5 ft nuthin', 90 lbs Lisbeth Salander. Her past is filled with darkness and her present doesn't pay her any favors, but she feisty, smart and willing to do what she has to to make things right.

I shall endeavour to familiarise myself with this .

8)
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

Quote from: Phyll33 on August 29, 2011, 06:31:28 AM
  Does this trilogy have a satisfactory ending?

Just finished and it does have a satisfactory ending. I could see where Larsson could have written more about this cast of characters--and I wish he'd had the chance--but the trilogy is complete for all intents and purposes. No loose ends or important unanswered questions. Book three is quite different than the first two though, it's less a murder mystery and more of a spy thriller/courtroom drama as compared to the first two books and I enjoyed it the most.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Phyll33

Quote from: Spooky on September 11, 2011, 07:26:23 PM
Quote from: Phyll33 on August 29, 2011, 06:31:28 AM
  Does this trilogy have a satisfactory ending?

Just finished and it does have a satisfactory ending. I could see where Larsson could have written more about this cast of characters--and I wish he'd had the chance--but the trilogy is complete for all intents and purposes. No loose ends or important unanswered questions. Book three is quite different than the first two though, it's less a murder mystery and more of a spy thriller/courtroom drama as compared to the first two books and I enjoyed it the most.

Thanks!  Maybe I'll give them a try. I have so many mystery series going I'll never catch up or get through
them all.