• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Oh Snap! Season 5 Begins...

Started by Pearl@32, August 12, 2008, 11:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerenityValley

Hugh Laurie was on Ellen awhile back.  Me and Tori were floored by his accent!  Who knew the guy was a Brit?!  And the way his character rags on Chase's accent/ethnicity is to frakkin' hilarious!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

TinkTanker

Quote from: SerenityValley on December 03, 2008, 07:38:38 AM
Hugh Laurie was on Ellen awhile back.  Me and Tori were floored by his accent!  Who knew the guy was a Brit?!  And the way his character rags on Chase's accent/ethnicity is to frakkin' hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXNd99IhdmA
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

SerenityValley

Apparently, he was in the 1995 remake of Sense and Sensibility!  I love that movie.  Usually, the networks only show the Keira Knightly version though, so I've only seen this one once and it was before I started watching House, so I'd not have noticed him.
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Pearl@32

That is SO HOUSE of him. LOVE that clip of Friends on the plane.

PS. His face when he says "Pheebs" and Eric's favorite line, "No good can come of it."

And the fact he agrees that Rachel and Ross WERE on a break was priceless.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Pearl@32

Quote from: SerenityValley on December 03, 2008, 08:07:16 AM
Apparently, he was in the 1995 remake of Sense and Sensibility!  I love that movie.  Usually, the networks only show the Keira Knightly version though, so I've only seen this one once and it was before I started watching House, so I'd not have noticed him.

Sense and Sensibility is one of my favorite movies of all time. Hugh only had about 3 lines, but the biggest impression he made on me in that film was his gentlemanly offering to stay with Elinor and Marianne when Marianne got sick. Little things like that do not go unnoticed by me.

This is a long clip, but you can't help but watch. (Hugh is no longer in the clip after the 5:10 mark.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7edDTAsnMU&feature=related

Oh, speaking of S&S, we got the chance to see Marianne's wedding gown and Colonel Brandon's wedding attire in Santa Fe last week! The New Mexico Museum of Art was exhibiting "Fashion in Film: Period Costume for the Screen," thirty-six period costumes on loan from London's premier costume house, Cosprop. They included such costumes as Drew Barrymore's Cinderella gown with wings in Ever After, the green dancing dress worn by Cate Blanchett in Elizabeth, a suit worn by Colin Firth in Pride & Prejudice, Gwyneth Paltrow's wedding dress in Emma, a simple dress worn by Helena Bonham Carter in A Room with a View, outfit of Emma Thompson's in Howards End, this lovely jacket, skirt and hat number worn by Jacqueline Bisset in Murder on the Orient Express, and Meryl Streep's wedding suit and hat from Out of Africa. They were in pretty good condition, most of them made from actual vintage clothing and heavy detailing. Most of the dresses were petite, for petite people!
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Consigliere5

Pearl@32

I know, too many.

Back on topic:

I liked last night's ep (12/2). It was really, really funny. I liked how the Cuddy-House banter is playing out. "Just shag and get it over with!" Of course, House had said to Wilson a couple seasons ago that Wilson should sleep with Cuddy and get it over with.

SerenityValley

Quote from: Pearl@32 on December 03, 2008, 08:39:46 AM
I know, too many.

Back on topic:

I liked last night's ep (12/2). It was really, really funny. I liked how the Cuddy-House banter is playing out. "Just shag and get it over with!" Of course, House had said to Wilson a couple seasons ago that Wilson should sleep with Cuddy and get it over with.

Yep, I liked it, too!  I think 13 will be "cured" by Foreman's clinical trial.  Or, she'll die from it!  And the prank House played on the other two docs was hilarious!

Eric

[spoiler]
QuoteAnd the prank House played on the other two docs was hilarious!

When House showed up in the morgue, I knew it was a setup.  I was wrong on predicting the exercising chick had adult-onset diabetes (from being previously heavy), though.[/spoiler]

Consigliere5

"Band from TV and Jorge Garcia from LOST sing Shake Ya Tail Feather at Netflix Live! in Los Angeles, CA

Greg Grunberg performs a verse from Rapper's Delight.

Special guest Adrian Pasdar (Heroes) on bass guitar.

Band From TV is:
Greg Grunberg - Drums
James Denton - Guitar
Bonnie Somerville - Vocals
Bob Guiney - Vocals
Hugh Laurie - Keyboard
Teri Hatcher - Vocals
Jesse Spencer - Fiddle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFka_DOF518

Full Hugh Laurie Performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk-qNVL-LKI&feature=related