• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

what the hell?

Started by Spooky, May 19, 2008, 09:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

This ep had a jump the shark feel to it.I don't know??? Maybe not. *sigh*
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Phyll33

I hate season finales. They always seem to think they have to make these over the top endings that remove
favorite characters and call that exciting. What it does to me is turn me off. They are going to kill someone
off in NCIS tonight too again! Why do TPTB think this is a winning proposition? Two shows I love and they
will probably be ruined. I've just about lost everything I enjoyed watching this season and now it looks like
two sure things may be down the tubes. Endings like Bones just make me feel like I have been suckered
for 3 years. Why do writers like to make fools out of their viewers? It looks like some of the writers decided
to come back and destroy a few shows.

TinkTanker

There are those who praise Joss and his ilk for killing off characters because that keeps things real or keeps us on our toes or gives us what we need. Then there are those of us who see character deaths as cheap stunts that serve mostly to piss off the fans.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Phyll33

Quote from: TinkTanker on May 20, 2008, 08:39:52 AM
There are those who praise Joss and his ilk for killing off characters because that keeps things real or keeps us on our toes or gives us what we need. Then there are those of us who see character deaths as cheap stunts that serve mostly to piss off the fans.

Life is hard enough as it is without beating us over the head with it. I like to sit down and be entertained
without the drama of my favorite characters being destroyed just for a cheap thrill ending. I find that very
sadistic. I can see these guys sitting up there laughing their heads off and saying "Boy are they going to
be pissed off with that ending". To me it is all about control and I have the power to do anything I want
with this so take it or leave it.

Joss is getting to be a one note wonder for me. Firefly took him out of that a little bit but then he resorted
to same ole same ole with River. Dollhouse doesn't look much different with another wonder girl scenario.

Spooky

Quote from: Phyll33 on May 20, 2008, 08:35:03 AM
Endings like Bones just make me feel like I have been suckered for 3 years. Why do writers like to make fools out of their viewers?
It looks like some of the writers decided to come back and destroy a few shows.

I still don't know how I feel about what happened on Bones last night. The whole fake death thing at the beginning felt like unnecessary to the episode and to the whole series. From then on the whole episode felt sloppy and rushed. I don't mind the whole twist with Zack, but it would have been nice if it had made a bit more sense?  ???   

Quote from: TinkTanker on May 20, 2008, 08:39:52 AM

I'm in the "keeps things real or keeps us on our toes or gives us what we need" camp, but the Zack thing was too "Deus ex machina" for me. I enjoyed the whole Gormagone arc and was hoping for a more satisfying ending to it. Supposedly Zack had been involved with the sick cannibal dude for only three months. Why not make it a year or so and play it out for another season. Build a little more intrigue and mystery into the story arc. Maybe have it all tie in to Jack's conspiracy theories a little more?  ???

Phyll33

Quote from: Spooky on May 20, 2008, 10:21:50 AM
Quote from: Phyll33 on May 20, 2008, 08:35:03 AM
Endings like Bones just make me feel like I have been suckered for 3 years. Why do writers like to make fools out of their viewers?
It looks like some of the writers decided to come back and destroy a few shows.

I still don't know how I feel about what happened on Bones last night. The whole fake death thing at the beginning felt like unnecessary to the episode and to the whole series. From then on the whole episode felt sloppy and rushed. I don't mind the whole twist with Zack, but it would have been nice if it had made a bit more sense?  ???   

The message board at the Bones site are all saying the same thing. Nothing made sense and the episode was
a disaster. Eric came on and said he knew about this several months ago and it wasn't his idea to leave and I
didn't get the feeling he was happy about it. Why did they think they could replace him with that squirrely
psychiatrist who always looks like he's wearing lipstick. That is the feeling I get, they replaced one for the other.

TinkTanker

I *LOATHE* Sweets. I'm probably going to let this one slide on by next year.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Spooky

Quote from: Phyll33 on May 20, 2008, 10:40:09 AM
Why did they think they could replace him with that squirrely
psychiatrist who always looks like he's wearing lipstick.

:rofl:

Spooky

Quote from: TinkTanker on May 20, 2008, 10:43:53 AM
I *LOATHE* Sweets. I'm probably going to let this one slide on by next year.

Not a big fan either. Booth and Bones are too smart to have some "freesoup" hanging around all the time and telling them what they are thinking.

Spooky

So, there are some on the Bones board that believe the ep was a Booth dream. I have doubts, but some of the points make sense... the number of "out of character" moments, nonsensical tech/science speak, how easily suspicion shifted from Hodgins to Sweets, then to Zack (why would they accept that any of them were the killer so easily?), the whole Booth in the tub scene and Bones saying she found Booth's key under a rock by his front door when he lives in an apartment... And then there is the Eric Millegan post... yes he says he will not be a series regular anymore, but it could all be ruse to get fans to think he's not coming back?