• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

House Season 6 Begins 9/21/09

Started by Pearl@32, August 24, 2009, 08:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

Quote from: Pearl@32 on February 12, 2010, 09:37:35 PM
I just hung up with House creator David Shore, and — no beating around the bush here — he promised me, "Eventually, it's going to happen. This is the thing we've been dancing around — even before we knew we were dancing around it. They're two very flawed people, but they're two people that are very attracted to each other.
"I'm a Huddy fan, [too]," Shore added. "Just keep watching the show. It'll happen eventually."
*vomit*

This will kill the show. Some shows can get away with it, some shows you expect it (SOAPS), but why must the romance always be there? Not a Huddy fan. I can even see that it was a good thing that House didn't sleep with Cameron, as much as I liked them. He needs someone older. House's ex Stacy, played by the fab Sela Ward, was the perfect foil, and it's just unfortunate that that ship sailed. And well, Hilson...like that'll happen.

Do I sound hypocritical because I support relationships on other shows? Damn right I do! I'd like to see Chuck with Sarah. I wouldn't mind seeing Castle hook up with Beckett, but not just yet. But House and Cuddy? I've liked their sparring, but not as a couple. Is it since Thirteen and Foreman are OFF and Cameron divorced Chase, they have to have SOME relationship?

I liked the way they handled House's obsession with Cuddy last year, with his Vicodin addiction hallucinating non-reality and sending him into rehab. That worked for me. But to tease us, and then now actually deliver ~ either go all the way or Chucking forget it! FORGET IT!

Someone commented on EW.com that this storyline will win the elusive Emmy for Hugh. WHAT?! All because David Shore decides to put House with Cuddy?! Are you vapid?! What kind of storyline is it gonna be? Is he going to bare his soul and cry at the thought that he's finally going to make love to her? Are you nuts?! At this rate, Michael C. Hall will beat BOTH Bryan Cranston AND Hugh for the award. And I'm kinda OK with that. I still think Hugh is deserving of an Emmy, especially because his performances in the last two seasons have been stellar. But if he wins, it will be for his work as House for all the seasons.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Spooky

http://www.usa.canon.com/templatedata/pressrelease/20100517_house_finale.html

"We take great pleasure in congratulating the cast and crew of HOUSE on completing the first network television episode to be completely shot on a DSLR camera," stated Yuichi Ishizuka, executive vice president and general manager, Consumer Imaging Group, Canon U.S.A., "This milestone marks a paradigm shift in the way professional cinematographers and filmmakers capture HD video."

The season finale airs tonight, Monday, May 17 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. Canon encourages everyone to tune in tonight and watch.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Spooky

This is the only episode of House that I watched this season and that was only because it was short with a Canon DSLR. Not that I don't like the show, I just don't have the time. I am very happy I watched it. It was a good episode and I love trying to guess what lens (I heard they mostly used the Canon 24-70mm and 70-200mm) was used and what aperture was used. The close-ups of House in his bathroom were shot very well. The lens was probably the 24-70 at 2.8 aperture. Very pretty, not House the shot.

TinkTanker

I had to DVR it and for some reason the DVR farked up and broke the show into four oddly timed segments. So it will have to wait until it finishes falling off the interwebs.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Spooky

If you didn't know it was shot with a $2700 DSLR Vs. the $100k-250k cameras they usually use, you couldn't tell. I think I did notice a few focus issues when they used the long lens, but other than that it looked great.

I read that this ep cost more and took more time to shoot due in part to the camera crews having to learn to shoot with the 5D. I am hoping that all these pro's using DSLR's gets Canon to add/change some of the features of the video function. One being the option to capture RAW video. Two being able to turn off the on-board mic

Eric

Quote from: Spooky on May 18, 2010, 10:01:45 AM
If you didn't know it was shot with a $2700 DSLR Vs. the $100k-250k cameras they usually use, you couldn't tell. I think I did notice a few focus issues when they used the long lens, but other than that it looked great.

It looked fantastic.  I'd never have known for sure... I was expecting Cloverfield.

Pearl@32

Hugh looked good to me. :D

I didn't get to fully relish the end, but look for an slightly uncharacteristic House. Something else has taken the place of drugs... >:D
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Spooky

Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 18, 2010, 02:42:42 PM
Hugh looked good to me. :D

I didn't get to fully relish the end, but look for an slightly uncharacteristic House. Something else has taken the place of drugs... >:D

Women are a drug... ask any guy

Spooky