• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

House Season 6 Begins 9/21/09

Started by Pearl@32, August 24, 2009, 08:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saxon

Quote from: Pearl@32 on September 23, 2009, 12:49:15 PM
[spoiler]It's a bit of a cliffhanger, ain't it?

I think I'll be a bit jipped if there wasn't some sincerity in all that he did. I think on some level he is not going to be the same jackass, just jackassish.

Then again there is that old adage, once a ____, always a ____.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Well, the 'crazy' was a new thing, so getting rid of that will just take us back to House. He was addicted to vicodin, which kept the pain down a bit, and they did add the point about the meds he was on made the pain 'bearable'. So...he's still gonna be hurting, so the 'edge' of snarkiness (something I'm very familiar with!), will still be there. He's always been a tad 'nuts'...we'll just have gotten rid of the really heavy duty seeing dead people crazy! lol[/spoiler]

SerenityValley

I was actually kinda upset that House and Wilson were the only regulars in the 2-hour opener, but it was a good ep.  I, too, love Andre Braugher (Homicide: Life on the Street was the best cop show, ever!).  Have you seen the previews for his new show with Scott Bakula and Ray Romano?  "Men of a Certain Age" on TNT.  Looks like a winner!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Pearl@32

Haven't heard anything about Braugher's TV show on TNT! I watched a couple eps of Thief on FX. Wait. I just had a brainfart. I remember him thanking Mae Whitman at the Emmys...Whitman was in Thief...holy cow! He won outstanding lead actor in a drama series for Homicide, but Thief as well.  :clap:

Laurie and Braugher. I was in TV nirvana. I will miss him.

Braugher was the gao se in The Tuskegee Airmen. The way he gave a smoke to Laurence Fishburne and said, "We weren't assigned. We were requested." I think it's his voice.

I forgot about City of Angels. Loved his smile in that.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Pearl@32

Sep 24 2009 02:51 PM ET

Exclusive: Jennifer Morrison leaving 'House'
by Michael Ausiello

Princeton-Plainsboro is undergoing another major shake-up: Sources confirm to me exclusively that Jennifer Morrison is leaving House.

Neither Fox nor Morrison's reps would comment, but I'm told the actress did not quit; her exit was a creative decision on the part of producers. Morrison — the first of the show's original cast members to depart — shot her last scene earlier this week and her final episode will air in November.

Suspicions about Morrison's House future were raised last week when she was MIA at the show's premiere screening in Hollywood.

Here's what else I'm hearing about this surprising and, I'll say it, disappointing, turn of events.

* Unlike Kal Penn's dearly-departed Kutner, Cameron will not be killed off.

* Morrison's on-screen husband, Jesse Spencer (Chase), is not leaving the show. (Do the math and you can probably figure out how she'll be written out.)

* Producers are leaving the door open for Morrison to make a guest appearance later in the season.

The last point will prove little comfort to Cameron fans, especially since this was the season Morrison's nearly three-year stint on the backburner was supposed to end. In fact, just last month series creator David Shore told me (video below), "Chase and Cameron fans will be happy with the way we're going to reintegrate them into the team — at least on a temporary basis." (That temporary qualifier should've been a clue.) Even Morrison recently admitted it was "great" being front-and-center again. "I have been working a lot," she told us, "and there are things that happen to House very early in the season that have a domino effect on all of the other characters."

Okay, House fans, I imagine you have some strong opinions about all of this, so start expressing them in the comments. I'll start: This kind of sucks. Okay, your turn.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/09/24/exclusive-jennifer-morrison-leaving-house/

So far there are 452 comments.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Pearl@32

Report: Jennifer Morrison's moving out of 'House'
Dr. Cameron will reportedly leave the hospital in a November episode
Published on Thursday, Sep 24, 2009 By Daniel Fienberg

For the second straight year, FOX's "House" is going to lose a regular cast member, but unlike with Kal Penn last year, the medical drama hasn't been able to keep this departure a secret.

According to Michael Ausiello at Entertainment Weekly, Jennifer Morrison shot her final scene as a cast regular earlier this week and that Dr. Allison Cameron will be exiting "House" in a November episode. He described the move as "a creative decision on the part of producers."

Although the character temporarily moved back to the forefront in the final episodes of last season, even marrying Jesse Spencer's Chase in the Season Five finale, Cameron has been underutilized since she quit House's service at the end of the third season.

At Television Critics Association press tour this summer, series creator David Share actually told HitFix that Cameron and Chase would play more central roles this season in the aftermath of House's psychiatric treatment.

"Because House won't have his license in the beginning of the year, that throws everything up in the air and Cameron and Chase are going to get more involved, at least at the beginning," Shore said. Perhaps this reporter should have read more into Shore's "at the beginning."

HitFix followed up by asking if there was anything he hoped to do with those characters that maybe he didn't get to do last season.

"We certainly gave them less screentime. I can't argue with that," Shore said. "But I have to say they were empowered and I liked the way their scenes played. I liked  the fact that they were approaching House in a different way. I was enjoying that. Now, going back, we're going to see them back in there and it was fun, throwing them back in there. But to answer your question, 'Nothing.'"

Ausiello says that Cameron isn't going to leave the show in Kutner-esque fashion and that the door will still be open for Morrison to return for later appearances, should the right story come up. In addition, he says that Chase isn't going anywhere.

Morrison, an original "House" regular, was most recently seen on the big screen as Captain Kirk's mom in "Star Trek."

HitFix asked FOX for a comment on Morrison's reported departure, but so far, no word (or would any statement be expected in a situation of this sort).

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-9-24-report-jennifer-morrison-s-moving-out-of-house

Consigliere5

Pearl@32

Holy lupus, that was a scathing review!

I disagree on one count: Let House make a change, and not for the sake of Obama, tyvm, but at some point you either remain an inglorious basterd your whole life or you are so crippled from the pain and insanity and BULL-gao se that it's time to lay it on the line and grow the Chuck up.

I found the episode to be utterly subtle. Its direction was amazing. Go Katie Jacobs, who's been with the show since practically its inception (I think). I don't know if this is her first time directing, but it was pretty freaking cool. Especially the beginning.

And I did not find Hugh's performance to be 'his worst.' Don't know what Klavan is smoking but I know he just wants more snap. There was a degree of normalcy that we're not used to seeing with House. I don't buy that he's totally changed or "lobamatized." You don't really change in a few months, if that's a decent time lapse for his stint; real change takes the highway -- THAT highway.

I agree on this point though: House must not lose his edge, because if he does, the show is toast. No Huddy hookup. Keep the tease a tease. I didn't mind the new recruits ~ a lot of interesting storylines came out of them ~ but I missed Cameron and Chase. The show moved Jennifer Morrison and Jesse Spencer on the back burner -- not all change is good!! Jen was great, while she lasted.

I'm still holding out for Hugh winning an Emmy. Golden Globes are nice, but he's one of the finest actors on television today and everyone knows it. Then again, there can be only one wanker who wins. :D

Pearl@32

Well I knew it was coming, but I was totally unprepared for last night's episode. {{{{{Cameron}}}}}

TinkTanker

"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Pearl@32

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'House' boss on Huddy: 'It's going to happen'
by Michael Ausiello
Feb 12 2010 06:41 PM ET

The prognosis on Huddy is in, and it's excellent.

I just hung up with House creator David Shore, and — no beating around the bush here — he promised me, "Eventually, it's going to happen. This is the thing we've been dancing around — even before we knew we were dancing around it. They're two very flawed people, but they're two people that are very attracted to each other.

"I'm a Huddy fan, [too]," Shore added. "Just keep watching the show. It'll happen eventually."

I can confirm that there was not a single qualifier in that sentence. I listened to the tape three times. Not a single "maybe" or "possibly" in there. Go ahead and reread it; I'll wait.

Coincidentally, Shore also happens to be in the middle of breaking this season's final episodes. Could it possibly culminate with real, non-hallucinatory lovemaking? My gut is telling me yes.

What's yours saying? And do you worry that when Huddy finally does happen, a part of you might actually miss the waiting game we (and they!) have been playing for so long? Debate, discuss, deliberate below.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/02/12/house-huddy-spoilers/