• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Which doctor is going to die??

Started by SerenityValley, March 23, 2009, 09:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerenityValley

Quote from: TinkTanker on April 07, 2009, 08:30:37 AM
My reaction was, "Huh. Didn't see that coming." I guess everyone was expecting [spoiler]Taub[/spoiler] but it didn't floor me or anything. I like the actor.

Ann kept saying that it was a murder, but that was pretty much dispelled.

Friday I was watching episodes of Tru Calling on SciFi.  I'd only seen a couple of them before.  One episode had Kutner as a med student!  Another had Sam from BSG as a firefighter!  Hubba-hubba!!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

TinkTanker

"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

TinkTanker

Quote from: SerenityValley on April 07, 2009, 08:43:42 AM

Friday I was watching episodes of Tru Calling on SciFi.  I'd only seen a couple of them before.  One episode had Kutner as a med student!  Another had Sam from BSG as a firefighter!  Hubba-hubba!!

We are rewatching NCIS from the start and so far we've seen Sawyer as a local cop, Locke as an old friend of Gibbs, and of course Charles Widmore is the director.

But you have to watch Dark Angel to see Dee and Gaeta from BSG and Dinozo in a wheelchair (with glasses). Plus Dean Winchester before he became Whitney 2.0 on Smallville.

TinkTanker

SerenityValley

Quote from: TinkTanker on April 07, 2009, 08:50:54 AM

We are rewatching NCIS from the start and so far we've seen Sawyer as a local cop, Locke as an old friend of Gibbs, and of course Charles Widmore is the director.

But you have to watch Dark Angel to see Dee and Gaeta from BSG and Dinozo in a wheelchair (with glasses). Plus Dean Winchester before he became Whitney 2.0 on Smallville.

I've seen Dark Angel several times, but it's been awhile.  Of course, I caught Dinozo, but will have to watch for Dee and Gaeta.  Don't watch Smallville, so no clue who that is!

Who are Sawyer and Locke?  I'm drawing a blank!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Saxon

Quote from: TinkTanker on April 07, 2009, 08:46:13 AM
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/house-exclusive.html

It's all Obama's fault.
Yep!

http://tv.popcrunch.com/kal-penn-death-on-house-kutners-suicide-kal-pen-leaving-house-for-obama-white-house-job/

When Jessi and Gingi went to the DNC in Denver, Jessi (who was always my 'tater tot' *couch potatoe partner*) called saying, "It's really depressing seeing all the celebs I 'used to' like leaving here...the Indian Doctor Dude on House just walked past me...".

*sigh*

Well, at least I can watch House without feeling so gut punched now. heh.

TinkTanker

Quote from: SerenityValley on April 07, 2009, 09:23:26 AM

Characters from Lost.

Sawyer

Locke

Eric

Obama's always been about Image (TM).  I have no doubt he'll do everything possible in which to improve or keep said image.  I also have no doubt that Hollywood will do her best to help.  

[spoiler]
Perhaps this is why I was unexcited by last night's episode:
QuoteSo why not just have Kutner take a new job at a different hospital?
SHORE: The suicide was essential to [the story]. The lack of reason behind it -- the lack of answers -- was what I responded to and is what I got excited about
To me, it felt like ex machina.  No hints leading up to it; nothing revealed after.  Yes, I know that they're trying to push out the point that some suicides have no outward signs.  But unless something fantastic happened, like he discovered Obama actually isn't the Messiah, I am just not feeling it for this episode.

Now, had they put in small clues in each episode this season and did a flashback at the end of last night's (whether House figures it out or not), I'd have found it much-more believable and possibly given me the "Why didn't ~I~ see it coming?" feeling.
[/spoiler]
Of course, your mileage may vary. :)

Saxon

Quote from: Eric on April 07, 2009, 09:39:12 AM
Obama's always been about Image (TM).  I have no doubt he'll do everything possible in which to improve or keep said image.  I also have no doubt that Hollywood will do her best to help.  

[spoiler]
Perhaps this is why I was unexcited by last night's episode:
QuoteSo why not just have Kutner take a new job at a different hospital?
SHORE: The suicide was essential to [the story]. The lack of reason behind it -- the lack of answers -- was what I responded to and is what I got excited about
To me, it felt like ex machina.  No hints leading up to it; nuthin' revealed after.  Yes, I know that they're trying to push out the point that some suicides have no outward signs.  But unless something fantastic happened, like he discovered Obama actually isn't the Messiah, I am just not feeling it for this episode.

Now, had they put in small clues in each episode this season and did a flashback at the end of last night's (whether House figures it out or not), I'd have found it much-more believable and possibly given me the "Why didn't ~I~ see it coming?" feeling.
[/spoiler]
Of course, your mileage may vary. :)

[spoiler]The ONLY thing they 'gave us' was House looking through his photos, and we see that ONE pic of him looking upset. Now, if you saw the previews for the next ep, they are going to be bringing him up again...so maybe they will make this more believable and make a bit more sense. Other than that, yeah, even though House has had almost supernatural powers of observation and deduction, at least it was always grounded in reality...so they better 'real it up' a bit. Maybe we'll 'see something' in the next ep. [/spoiler]

SerenityValley

Quote from: TinkTanker on April 07, 2009, 09:27:37 AM
Quote from: SerenityValley on April 07, 2009, 09:23:26 AM

Characters from Lost.

Sawyer

Locke

Ah!  That explains it, I don't watch Lost, either.