• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Rumor: Blu-ray Xbox 360 This Year

Started by Spooky, May 02, 2008, 12:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/05/rumor-blu-ray-x.html

Rumor: Blu-ray Xbox 360 This Year
By Chris Kohler EmailMay 02, 2008 | 12:55:25 PM

Bluray_logo755087Take this with several grains of Lawry's Seasoned Salt, but the latest rumor going around is that Microsoft will have a Blu-ray version of the Xbox 360 ready to go for this Christmas.

Kotaku reports from a Taiwanese tech news site that a manufacturer in the country has already taken orders from Microsoft for a version of the console with a Blu-ray drive inside.

Since the general wisdom seems to be that the Blu-ray drive in the PlayStation 3 is driving sales of Sony's console this year, this move would at least make sense.

By way of verifying these claims, I looked at the Chinese original and note that it does say "blue light Xbox," but of course for all I know, it just means that they'll be on sale in Sunday's K-Mart circular.

Okay, so: Let's assume this happens, and they announce it at E3. Good idea? Bad idea? Why? Show your work.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

I'll buy one then. If not, PS3, baby! :happy:
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"