• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Our shepherd has passed.

Started by Pearl@32, November 26, 2016, 02:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

I really don't want to start this thread and I didn't think I'd be writing it this year. We have been enjoying him and the gang on Barney Miller reruns at night recently. Have a cigar with Jack, Steve, Ron, & Abe for us!

#RIPRonGlass

http://www.thewrap.com/firefly-cast-members-pay-tribute-to-ron-glass/
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

ILJ

The emperor is naked!  NNNAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKEEEEEDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric

:(

Pearl's The Wrap link is a good one for a Twitter roundup.  I'll add Mark Sheppard's to the mix:

When Pearl and I were at Dragon*Con one year we attended a Q&A panel where Mark was the sole speaker.  He mentioned that particular episode of All in the Family and how powerful it was.  It was Ron's debut performance, and the subject was three different perspectives of a single event.

Phyll33

Oh, NO!! I had no idea this was on the radar and I thought he's not old enough. Only 71 so he wasn't that old.
I had noticed pictures of him recently with the weight loss and figured that wasn't good. So beyond sad, another
reason to mourn what could have been for him if Firefly had stayed on the air. He played such a wonderful role
on the show.

Eric

Jewel received a gift from a fan that almost made her cry on set: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNaRK8BAiuV/

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Phyll33

Is there any news on what caused his death besides respiratory failure which is not an answer. ?

Eric

Quote from: Phyll33 on November 30, 2016, 11:50:30 AM
Is there any news on what caused his death besides respiratory failure which is not an answer. ?

Nothing solid that I can find.

Phyll33

He was very private so we may never know. My gut is giving me an ache though.