• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Started by Spooky, April 25, 2013, 12:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdmiralDigby

Hopefully , Adam's show doesn't suck .
I think Nathan's annoyed that the PTB are tardy about locking him up - he's the star and he wants his star money . Simple as that .
SHIELD ( I'm going to dispense with the periods ) looks really promising on the talent side , here's to hoping the PTB are now in the 21 century regarding ratings .

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Rosie

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on August 03, 2013, 06:55:22 AM
I think Nathan's annoyed that the PTB are tardy about locking him up - he's the star and he wants his star money . Simple as that .
SHIELD ( I'm going to dispense with the periods ) looks really promising on the talent side , here's to hoping the PTB are now in the 21 century regarding ratings .

I always believed that Adam just wants steady work. The work is the thing not the fame or status. Money doesn't hurt but I never thought he was after being a name. He has a reputation for being a good hard worker, but his height has limited what roles he is able to do.

I still wish he would do a fun family flick where he is the Dad and the Comedic Talent. Adam is truly Hi-Larious.

Phyll33

Quote from: Rosie on August 03, 2013, 10:03:38 AM

I always believed that Adam just wants steady work. The work is the thing not the fame or status. Money doesn't hurt but I never thought he was after being a name. He has a reputation for being a good hard worker, but his height has limited what roles he is able to do.

I still wish he would do a fun family flick where he is the Dad and the Comedic Talent. Adam is truly Hi-Larious.

Don't kid yourself. Adam was devastated with the loss of the role Jayne. It was going to be his
signature role and give him the name recognition that nothing else had. Yes, he definitely wants
steady work but he is an actor and a little fame does not hurt. Shield may be another winner for
Joss and I'm sure Adam would have liked to share in it as well as the other Firefly cast members.
Of course bringing them all back in a different form would have been obvious and probably not
the best idea it sure would have been nice to see them again working together.  Joss got a lot
out of Adam and the others and they seemed to bring the best out in each other.

AdmiralDigby

I'm under the impression that Adam's a "Pro's pro" but yeah , I agree with Phyll - Jayne fit like a glove .
As far as "fame" ?
Adam's an actor and actors have egos ...

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Rosie

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on August 03, 2013, 02:41:31 PM

I'm under the impression that Adam's a "Pro's pro" but yeah , I agree with Phyll - Jayne fit like a glove .
As far as "fame" ?

Adam has an ego like we all do. He wants to be recognized as a talented actor who brings a lot to a role. He's not just the big tough guy.

We all want to earn what we deserve.

Phyll33

Quote from: Rosie on August 04, 2013, 05:43:51 AM

As far as "fame" ?

Adam has an ego like we all do. He wants to be recognized as a talented actor who brings a lot to a role. He's not just the big tough guy.

Oh definitely, that is why I thought he would have loved to work with Joss again. Joss brought something out in Adam
I don't see with his other performances.  While I loved John Casey and he certainly improved over the course of Chuck,
his performance was more wooden than in Firefly. His performance in Firefly seemed to be on the money right from the
start. Whether that was due to his loving the part or Joss being a good director or Joss letting Adam be Adam I don't
know but there was a difference. :)

Rosie

Quote from: Phyll33 on August 04, 2013, 08:37:32 AM
Quote from: Rosie on August 04, 2013, 05:43:51 AM

As far as "fame" ?

Oh definitely, that is why I thought he would have loved to work with Joss again. Joss brought something out in Adam
I don't see with his other performances.  While I loved John Casey and he certainly improved over the course of Chuck,
his performance was more wooden than in Firefly. His performance in Firefly seemed to be on the money right from the
start. Whether that was due to his loving the part or Joss being a good director or Joss letting Adam be Adam I don't
know but there was a difference. :)

I agree it would be nice to see Adam on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I didn't expect anyone so seeing someone was an extraordinary delight.

I really really wish that Disney would just buy the right of Firefly from Fox. I wish really really hard for that. THEN maybe Joss can do something with it. Fox is not nice.

Phyll33

I thought they only had the rights to it for a certain period of time.  Yes, it would be nice to have someone
else be able to do something with it if they aren't.

Rosie

Quote from: Phyll33 on August 04, 2013, 12:43:33 PM

I thought they only had the rights to it for a certain period of time.  Yes, it would be nice to have someone

Thsi is my conspiracy theorist comign out but I really believe someone, rupert Murdoch or someone else has it out for Firefly. They want it to fail and we are a thorn in their side. There is no rationale to it.

I want an animated series at least. But Firefly The Later Years Sounds good too.

TinkTanker

Quote from: Rosie on August 04, 2013, 01:07:42 PM
Quote from: Phyll33 on August 04, 2013, 12:43:33 PM

Thsi is my conspiracy theorist comign out but I really believe someone, rupert Murdoch or someone else has it out for Firefly. They want it to fail and we are a thorn in their side. There is no rationale to it.

I want an animated series at least. But Firefly The Later Years Sounds good too.

If there was money to be made, Fox would try to make it. The movie bombed, it lost money. The fan base is very passionate but there aren't that many of us when it comes right down to it.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"