• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Started by Spooky, April 25, 2013, 12:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie

Quote from: TinkTanker on August 01, 2013, 05:00:16 AM

This was the cause for my nerdgasm. Such joy to see him back. Can't sentence properly.

The entire cast is excellent. I am saying this is better than Firefly. Spectacular. This helps me move on.

TinkTanker

"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Rosie

Quote from: TinkTanker on August 01, 2013, 04:25:06 PM
Quote from: Rosie on August 01, 2013, 03:33:03 PM
I am saying this is better than Firefly.

Heresy.

Firefly was the baby Joss gave everything he had to keep it alive and make it shine.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is the child who will be king. Full power of Disney, Marvel and ABC behind it. This is Joss with full throttle no limit, no fear and no fight. Joss soars to new height and the entire cast is amazing.

Saxon

When I saw this announcement on Twitter, I thought, "THIS was what had Rosie in a tizzy!". heh.

Can't wait to see it. It was good talking to you today sis. Miss you.  :hug:

TinkTanker

Quote from: Rosie on August 01, 2013, 11:03:59 PM

Heresy.

Firefly was the baby Joss gave everything he had to keep it alive and make it shine.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is the child who will be king. Full power of Disney, Marvel and ABC behind it. This is Joss with full throttle no limit, no fear and no fight. Joss soars to new height and the entire cast is amazing.

Just bear in mind that they are scheduled against the number one drama on the number one network.

Phyll33

Quote from: TinkTanker on August 02, 2013, 03:17:07 AM
Quote from: Rosie on August 01, 2013, 11:03:59 PM

Heresy.

Just bear in mind that they are scheduled against the number one drama on the number one network.

Yeah, I saw that and while I DVR all my shows I watch this is going to tie up my DVR for that hour on Tuesdays.
That number one show has also shot it self in the foot with the loss of a beloved main character and I'm not
too sure they will regain their footing right away, also the people that love NCIS may not necessarily be the ones
who will love Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and I can see right now I won't be typing that name very much. :)

TinkTanker

Cote has been on the show for what 7 or 8 years? She's tired and wants to move on. People were miffed when Sasha Alexander left but the rest of the cast made up for her loss. If I had my druthers, Cote would be on the show until it ends. But they'll be fine without her.

I hope ABC factors in DVR and such, because MAoS is going to get crushed in the ratings, especially the key demos. The younger crowd that MAoS appeals to doesn't watch TV the traditional way anyway. Painting with a broad brush and all.

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Phyll33

Quote from: TinkTanker on August 02, 2013, 09:31:54 AM
Cote has been on the show for what 7 or 8 years? She's tired and wants to move on. People were miffed when Sasha Alexander left but the rest of the cast made up for her loss. If I had my druthers, Cote would be on the show until it ends. But they'll be fine without her.

I hope ABC factors in DVR and such, because MAoS is going to get crushed in the ratings, especially the key demos. The younger crowd that MAoS appeals to doesn't watch TV the traditional way anyway. Painting with a broad brush and all.

I hated when Sasha left but she wasn't there long enough to get invested in but Cote has
built a longer lasting story line and a relationship that needs to have a good ending.

I will still watch both just on my timeframe.

Since Joss is pulling in some of his old actors I'm a little surprised Adam didn't get a part.
The show sounds like it is right up his alley and he isn't doing anything right now that I
I know of. Maybe he is in it, I really don't know who the actors are. Maybe this is why
Nathan is getting cranky, he would rather be in this new show.

Spooky

Quote from: Phyll33 on August 02, 2013, 04:34:00 PMI'm a little surprised Adam didn't get a part.
The show sounds like it is right up his alley and he isn't doing anything right now that I
I know of.

He does have a part in a show call The Last Ship.

In July 2012, the American cable television network TNT ordered a pilot episode of a series based on the novel. The series will be produced by Platinum Dunes Partners with Michael Bay, Hank Steinberg, and Steven Kane serving as executive producers. Steinberg and Kane wrote the pilot script, and Jonathan Mostow is set to direct the pilot. The adaptation varies significantly from the original novel. In addition to being set in the early part of the first half of the 21st century, the world wide devastation of mankind is the result of a pandemic which the crew must find a cure and not the result of nuclear warfare between superpowers.[citation needed] Subsequent scenes will include a supply officer who is known as the "Senator".[citation needed] The pilot is being filmed at a number of locations across San Diego including aboard the USS Halsey (DDG-97), which is standing in for the show's fictional USS Nathan James (DDG-151).[6] The former cruise liner RMS Queen Mary, now berthed at Long Beach, will also be used extensively.[not in citation given][7][8] The show will star Michaela McManus, Adam Baldwin, Charles Parnell, Travis Van Winkle, and Christina Elmore, along with British actors Sam Spruell and Rhona Mitra. Eric Dane is set to play the commanding officer of the USS Nathan James, Captain Tom Chandler.[9][10][11]
In May 2013, TNT ordered 10 episodes of The Last Ship, set to air sometime in mid-2014.[11] TNT is negotiating with the U.S. Navy to use San Diego-based destroyers for the filming of the first series. Site and location surveys onboard the USS Wayne E. Meyer (DDG-108) will commence soon after approval is received.[12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Ship
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.