• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Kill Sweets

Started by Spooky, September 03, 2008, 09:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Saxon

LOL...I'm gonna wait to see how they play him this season. I missed most of the ep tonight, so I'm going to rewatch it online with Jessi when she comes home on the weekend.

Phyll33

Quote from: Spooky on September 03, 2008, 09:53:19 PM
Uh... Yes!

Uhh, I don't know whether I would go that far. Bury him alive maybe and let him take his chances?  :)
That's more in keeping with the show.  :D

Spooky

I am a robot? WTF. KILL Sweets!  >:D

Saxon

Quote from: Spooky on September 10, 2008, 08:08:39 PM

And the sneeze? And calling up the even more annoying girl?

WHAT ARE THEY DOING???

Phyll33

My feelings  exactly. When the heck did he become the star of the show? Using him as comedy relief is just annoying.
What the devil happened to the continuity of this show? They had two main characters break up and they were really
ticked off at Cam and there is nothing in this show that even indicates any of that happened. No mention of Zack and
more effort to make Brennan look like an idiot with her philosophy of relationships. Why do they need Sweets overseeing
all of the back and forth between characters. Booth and Temperance did fine on their own at one time and they were
the most touching scenes.  What happened to these writers after the strike? These shows don't seem to be nearly as tightly
written or thought out very well. What a shame ruining something by changing what did not need fixing.  :(

Spooky

Quote from: Phyll33 on September 11, 2008, 07:07:42 AM

My feelings  exactly. When the heck did he become the star of the show? Using him as comedy relief is just annoying.
What the devil happened to the continuity of this show? They had two main characters break up and they were really
ticked off at Cam and there is nuthin' in this show that even indicates any of that happened. No mention of Zack and
more effort to make Brennan look like an idiot with her philosophy of relationships. Why do they need Sweets overseeing
all of the back and forth between characters. Booth and Temperance did fine on their own at one thyme and they were
the most touching scenes.  What happened to these writers after the strike? These shows don't seem to be nearly as tightly
written or thought out very well. What a shame ruining something by changing what did not need fixing.  :(

Has anyone read any of the Temperance books? Is there a Sweets character in them?  ???

QuoteBooth and Temperance did fine on their own at one thyme and they were
the most touching scenes.

The struggle of the two trying to understand each other was one of the main "chemistry" components that made me love the show. Now... Not so much.  :-\

TinkTanker

Has anyone read any of the Temperance books? Is there a Sweets character in them?  Huh?

Ann has read several of the books and the show bears little resemblance to the books. I don't even think Boothe is in them. I'll ask her when she calls later.

ETA: Ann said the books are nothing like the show. She's married with a grown daughter, dating a Canadian cop. She's a forensic anthropologist who writes books and that is about all the show and the books have in common. No Boothe, no Angela, no Zach, and best of all, no Sweets.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Phyll33

<<Has anyone read any of the Temperance books? Is there a Sweets character in them?>>

I've read all of them except the last one that just came out. The books are nothing like the show and the only
thing they have in common is the name of the character of Temperance. The personality of that character isn't
even the same. I was really surprised when I first saw the show that it bore no real similarities to the books
except the name and job description and even that is different since her job in the book is not centered in Washington
but Canada and one of the Carolinas.

Saxon

Quote from: Phyll33 on September 11, 2008, 09:19:50 AM

<<Has anyone read any of the Temperance books? Is there a Sweets character in them?>>

I've read all of them except the last one that just came out. The books are nuthin' like the show and the only
thing they have in common is the name of the character of Temperance. The personality of that character isn't
even the same. I was really surprised when I first saw the show that it bore no real similarities to the books
except the name and job description and even that is different since her job in the book is not centered in Washington
but Canada and one of the Carolinas.

I actually saw one of the books in Borders the other day. Didn't bother, since I'd probably get tiffed it wasn't like the show.

Tonight's ep was better I think. More like they are supposed to be. Sweets was actually not that bad. Maybe they will keep him toned down from now on. This is the first time since they brought his character in that I think he's actually helped someone. huh.