• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

'House' Renewed For An Eighth Season By Fox

Started by Pearl@32, May 10, 2011, 10:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

PS. Article just posted on tvbythenumbers.com that House was renewed.

To no one's surprise...

via press release:

PROGNOSIS GOOD FOR "HOUSE" AS HIT SERIES IS RENEWED FOR EIGHTH SEASON

All-New Episode Airs Monday, May 16, on FOX

FOX has renewed the hit series HOUSE for an eighth season, it was announced today by Kevin Reilly, President of Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company.

"Over the past seven seasons, HOUSE has redefined the medical drama and has given us one of television's most compelling and iconic characters," said Reilly. "From the producers to the incredible writers to the unbelievably talented cast and crew, the HOUSE team is fearless in its creativity and I can't wait to see what they have in store next year."

In the all-new "After Hours" episode, airing Monday, May 16 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX, THIRTEEN's (Olivia Wilde) ex-con friend, DARRIEN (guest star Amy Landecker), arrives at Thirteen's apartment unannounced and in need of urgent medical attention. When she finds out that her friend has relapsed into drug use, Thirteen promises not to take her to the hospital where the cops could find her and instead turns to CHASE (Jesse Spencer) in desperation. Meanwhile, HOUSE (Hugh Laurie) deals with devastating information, and TAUB (Peter Jacobson) begins to come to terms with surprising news.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/05/10/house-renewed-for-an-eighth-season-by-fox/92101/
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Pearl@32

It's not a surprise, but what is a surprise is I have not been watching House during this latter half of the season. I have been watching Chuck, even though I could watch it on demand the next day, and Fox shows aren't on demand.

I stopped watching when Cuddy's mother (Candice Bergen) was on and haven't really kept up with it. Now supposedly House is back on meds, he and Cuddy broke up and Thirteen is back being a pretentious bitch. I could put up with the new team somewhat ~ even Kutner was entertaining ~ but I'm so sick of Taub and 13. I was really liking Amber Tamblyn's addition but that got farked up cause she's not there anymore ~ please don't anyone spoil me, I would like to catch up with the show.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

TinkTanker

"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Spooky

I haven't watched an episode since the season ender last year and only watched that because they shot it with Canon DSLR's.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

Lisa Edelstein not returning for the 8th season.

Pearl@32

Yeah she's not returning. No happiness with Cuddy. I guess sarcastic geniuses aren't allowed to be happy. Unless they're on drugs.  :doh:

Pearl@32

I wasn't able to watch the whole last ep but I caught it [spoiler]while he was trying to operate on himself.[/spoiler] It's a crazy idea but for House, it works.

I'll catch up with House sometime, but damn, I think this show has jumped the shark for me. I really can't stand how annoying people are. The only one I can stand is House. I hope Chase had the balls to trump 13 about her friend but I have a sneaking suspicion he didn't.

TinkTanker

The bit about House [spoiler]operating on himself reminded me of a Stephen King short story, Survivor Type. King's written some twisted gao se, but that one takes the cake. Er, lady fingers.[/spoiler]

Still love the show. Part of its charm for me is how the characters put up with each others crap the way they do. They are all farked up, but each think they aren't but everyone else is.

Pearl@32

True. It's like a lot of shows really...everybody on the show is messed up but yeah, they aren't.

Pearl@32

omg.

I'm not sure if it was the breakup between House and Cuddy that killed the show (I was okay with them getting together) or the holier than thou attitudes.... but now with the crazy finale ~ I can't believe Hugh actually put himself through that piece of gao se. Are we supposed to believe that a 50-some year old man with a high IQ does gao se like that? I know, I know, anyone can flip out, and House has done some crazy stuff. He was never this dramatic with his ex wife whom he very clearly still loved. To have him snap because he connected with a patient who then changed her mind about stuff was just stupid. And we were supposed to think that he floored it and magically NO ONE would be in the living room?  :doh: And the sanctimonious blabbering Thirteen did to defend the artist?  :deadhorse: Being an artist, I understand the concept of conceptual performance art, but come ON. If you want to die for your art, go right ahead. No one should stop her. It's STUPID and forgive the assistant who stopped her but....it was STUPID. "I force people to think about things in a different way..." No, you force people to think you're STUPID!

The finale crossed the line for me. Sick of the melodrama and the preaching. Which reminds me to stop watching Private Practice as well. Is Modern Family any better to watch?