• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Season 7 Begins 9/22/09

Started by Pearl@32, August 24, 2009, 08:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

Quote from: Spooky on January 27, 2010, 01:24:47 PM
I'm about 4 eps behind. One lazy rainy weekend I'll catch up.

It was about four episodes ago I gave up. Ann still wanted to watch it, so I played with my iPhone while she watched. Last week she shut it off halfway through.

I used to like that chick with the creepy eye, but the novelty of that has worn off. There is zero chemistry between the cast. And a senior NCIS agent has clearance and nobody even knows his first name, not even himself?
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Pearl@32

I had backtrack to understand that you were talking abou NCIS:LA. I admit I've not watched it faithfully. I liked the one where they were going to karaoke at the end.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Phyll33

Does anyone else watch this and did you watch Tuesday night? I just couldn't get past
the fact they used Gena Rowlands as this Navy Captain's fiance He was supposed to be 63
which was also a joke since a Navy Captain would have retired long before that but I digress.
Gena will be 80 years old this year and frankly she was looking it. Why would they have chosen
her for that part? Did they really think she looked in her 60's?  Hollywood is a strange little place.

TinkTanker

That was a really odd episode. Gibbs hung the murder rap on the guy, even though he didn't do it? I know he was a bad guy and all, but I found it out of character for Gibbs to do that.

Plus Gena Rowlands was pretty old for that part, as you said. I mean it happens and all, but all I can figure is she wanted to be on the show and they wrote it around her.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Spooky

Didn't watch it. I've only watched a handful of eps this season.

63 for a Navy Captain? 43 would be a better age. If he was 63, a Capitan, and still active in the Navy, then he must have had a less than stellar career, maybe he did 20 as an enlisted guy and then got his commission? Though I doubt the writers pay that much attention to a characters back story. Oh, and Gena Rowlands does look about 80 or so.

I had a 37 year old 1st Lieutenant when I was in the Corps, but he was prior enlisted (E9 - Master Gunnery Sgt) before he was commissioned.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Phyll33

Quote from: TinkTanker on March 05, 2010, 08:49:20 AM
That was a really odd episode. Gibbs hung the murder rap on the guy, even though he didn't do it? I know he was a bad guy and all, but I found it out of character for Gibbs to do that.

Plus Gena Rowlands was pretty old for that part, as you said. I mean it happens and all, but all I can figure is she wanted to be on the show and they wrote it around her.

Yes, there was much in that plot I had a hard time with. Was the Navy Captain directly
involved with the killing of her daughter and grandchild or just a part of the drug network?
I agree with letting the guy take the blame and her getting a way with murder. I really didn't
understand that part. I know he set the lawyer up so he could get around arresting her.
Probably many wouldn't have picked up on the age factor especially if you are young but it
really struck me as odd.

Phyll33

Quote from: Spooky on March 05, 2010, 08:59:18 AM
Didn't watch it. I've only watched a handful of eps this season.

63 for a Navy Captain? 43 would be a better age. If he was 63, a Capitan, and still active in the Navy, then he must have had a less than stellar career, maybe he did 20 as an enlisted guy and then got his commission? Though I doubt the writers pay that much attention to a characters back story. Oh, and Gena Rowlands does look about 80 or so.

I had a 37 year old 1st Lieutenant when I was in the Corps, but he was prior enlisted (E9 - Master Gunnery Sgt) before he was commissioned.

Yes that struck me right away too.  Considering a Navy Captain has a mandatory retirement of 30 years unless he is picked up for Admiral. Your right he could have been enlisted but considering
how wrong they get about most stuff I doubt if that crossed their minds. I wasn't paying that
much attention to the bio they put up about him except the age.

Gena Rowlands will be 80 in June.