• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

So I just watched the JAG episodes...

Started by TinkTanker, March 02, 2009, 06:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

Different Kate. Well, different character, which I didn't care for at all.

What was up with Probbie being a black guy?

Gibbs used a computer. I always thought his technophobia was a silly character trait. And he drank smaller coffees. And smiled too much. He probably smiled more in those two episodes than he has the entire run of NCIS.

The 'looking up through the victim's eyes with the funky digital effects' effect was annoying.

But all in all, it was amazing how very similar they are to the characters today. They pretty much had the characters fleshed out and up and running from the get-go.

For the life of us, Ann and I cannot remember when we first started watching this show. So we are going back and getting the first season DVDs and starting at the start. I guess we missed all of the first season, since we remember when McGee was made a team member, and according to Wiki he showed up in the second season.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

I never really got into JAG ( too bad 'cause what I've seen it's a fun show ) and totally never got into NCIS .
( which again seems too bad because that looks like a good show too )

:-[
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

SerenityValley

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on March 02, 2009, 07:39:27 AM
I never really got into JAG ( too bad 'cause what I've seen it's a fun show ) and totally never got into NCIS .
( which again seems too bad because that looks like a good show too )

:-[

You are REALLY missing out if you're not watching NCIS!!  (You don't have to watch every week to keep up if you want to catch an ep here and there, you are usually not lost like alot of shows!)

JAG was a great show, IMHO, but it ran for 10 years, so it would take a long time to catch up!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

SerenityValley

Quote from: TinkTanker on March 02, 2009, 06:13:12 AM
Different Kate. Well, different character, which I didn't care for at all.

What was up with Probbie being a black guy?

Gibbs used a computer. I always thought his technophobia was a silly character trait. And he drank smaller coffees. And smiled too much. He probably smiled more in those two episodes than he has the entire run of NCIS.

The 'looking up through the victim's eyes with the funky digital effects' effect was annoying.

But all in all, it was amazing how very similar they are to the characters today. They pretty much had the characters fleshed out and up and running from the get-go.

For the life of us, Ann and I cannot remember when we first started watching this show. So we are going back and getting the first season DVDs and starting at the start. I guess we missed all of the first season, since we remember when McGee was made a team member, and according to Wiki he showed up in the second season.

Yep, they don't even show the JAG eps as the pilot for NCIS, even though it was the "introduction" to Gibbs, et al.  [spoiler]If I'm remembering correctly, the chic got killed didn't she??[/spoiler]  Then Yankee White (The actual NCIS pilot) introduced them meeting Kate for the first thyme).
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."