• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Season 7

Started by Spooky, June 27, 2016, 10:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

Quote from: Spooky on August 14, 2017, 09:22:12 AM
I knew that...

[spoiler]... Jon Snow was the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Layanna Stark. I did not know that Rhaegar and Layanna were legally married, as the last episode revealed. That makes Jon the rightful heir to the throne and a true born Targaryen! It will be an interesting scene when Jon and Daenerys find out they are auntie and nephew.

Jon Snow of House Targaryen, First of His Name, The Resurrected, Rightful King of the Andals, The Rhoynar, and The First Men, The King In The North, The 998th Lord Commander of The Night's Watch, Savior of The Free Folk, Slayer of The Dead, The White Wolf, The Son of Ice and Fire, The Prince That Was Promised. [/spoiler]

Jeez, am I going to have to watch the episode again??? Why did I miss that....truth be told I was a bit bored as compared to last week's epic 4th episode. The CGI, the reunion! I told Eric I am only watching to see Queen Cersei-Bitch die.

I am glad to see that Emilia can keep her eyebrows under control in GoT....if you saw Me Before You or probably any interview, her brows are extremely expressive! #YouGoGirl  #dracarys
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Eric

Quote from: Pearl@32 on August 15, 2017, 07:54:29 PM
I am glad to see that Emilia can keep her eyebrows under control in GoT....if you saw Me Before You or probably any interview, her brows are extremely expressive! #YouGoGirl  #dracarys

Spooky

So next weeks episode has leaked. It a full 1080 version this time. HBO is having a bad GoT season.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Pearl@32

It's not like they're not giving their service away on Verizon Fios......for new customers and for loyal customers such as us.

Big effin' W.

ps. I nearly flipped out reading about all the scenes explained — !!!!!  I didn't understand the significance of the Sansa note. Vanity Fair actually does a good job at dissecting and explaining — there are a LOT of scenes that are going full circle back to early seasons and it's awesome.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Spooky

This episode is awesome. And sad.

Pearl@32

Ok, the end of that episode was really good with Dany and Jon....but the cliffhanger was MESSED-UP!!! (Are you serious?! There IS something worse than a real dragon!!!!!)

PS. Emilia let her eyebrows show some emotion!

Eric

Quote from: Pearl@32 on August 24, 2017, 04:37:23 PM
PS. Emilia let her eyebrows show some emotion!

I wonder if she tucks them in their own bed at night?

Spooky

If a dragon had to die/turn, Viserion would be the best choice. He is named after her brother. Drogon is her's and Rhaegal  is named for her other brother/Jon's daddy and I am sure before the series is over, Jon will ride him.

A theory on Reddit brought up the point that, in the books, dragons only accept one person as their rider. Other's can ride when the main rider is in control, but they will not allow another dragon rider to ride. That is why they didn't put Jon on Drogon in the TV show, because he will be riding Rhaegal.

Spooky

I am so disappointed that.....

[spoiler].....I have to wait a year for more GoT.[/spoiler]

Pearl@32

This season has made up for the past two seasons for me. Ramsay Bolton turned me off this show. (For that, I commend Iwan Rheon's acting but ultimately the writing helped, too.) I had to totally check out when Sansa was married off to him. I never watched that episode — I think I only watched Season 6 via "Inside the Episode."

so no one is spoiled

[spoiler]I was so so so SO deliriously happy while watching Sansa address Arya in the Great Hall. It's almost a shame that Littlefinger was never on Arya's list. The touch about the knife and Bran noting Littlefinger pulled it on his father was classic. Littlefinger's violin playing Sansa heart-breaking, but at the end how could he expect to succeed with a three-eyed raven in the castle? It was just so fulfilling when you know things do not bode well beyond the Wall.

I knew after Dany and Jon looked at each other after she opened the door that it was all over. I wonder how they will feel when they both find out.

A lot of talk about Tyrion's look at Jon walking into Dany's bedroom....one could think that he betrayed Daenerys by asking Cersei to lie about making nice. The crazy thing is I can see both Cersei's and Jaime's sides with the coming White Walker invasion: let them kill each other; we have to fight so we can live. I was really hoping that Jaime would be the one to end Cersei, but seeing as Maggy the Frog's prophecy has been dead-on, it all points to Tyrion choking her to death. I'm not sure Cersei's pregnancy will come to term, since the prophecy said she outlives her 3 children. Just wondering where those other 19 kids are that Robert was supposed to sire! I was not ready to see Jaime die. I am glad he walked away alive.

The war between the Lannisters and the Starks — heck, THE WHOLE SHOW! — is based on lies and miscommunication with people!!! That is a bit crazy, but there it is. It's ironic how the children now know that and what a shame it is almost everyone they loved is dead. Nice throwback to Dad Stark. I was half wanting Sean Bean to make a re-appearance when Bran was at the tree.

I really liked Beric (even though he did some shady stuff) and Tormund....the CGI artists and sound effects crew did a kick-ass job for the Wall destruction scene. When I heard the dragon scream, I couldn't see the Night King riding it, but when I did I actually yelled out loud, "And that mother fucker is ridin' it! DAYUM!"

I know the show is different from the books....I will probably never read the books though.

I've also heard rumors the final season will not air until 2019. THAT will feel like a long wait. But so did GotG V2. [/spoiler]