• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Season 7

Started by Spooky, June 27, 2016, 10:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

Shall we begin?

ps. There was a severe lack of major boobage in this episode.  Ooh, wait...

/still a heck of a songwriter

But THIS was the cameo of the evening, ladies & gents, Mr. Jim Broadbent:

"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Spooky

I know Emilia has said she will not do any more nude scenes.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Spooky

Pearl@32

Quote from: Spooky on July 17, 2017, 08:59:08 PM
I know Emilia has said she will not do any more nude scenes.

I know, it's just a shame that women do nudity in the beginning of their careers and then cover up — whether it's "called for" in the part, or they NEED the part, who knows. I can see though how Daenryns's arc has taken her from a naive pawn who was exploited to a potential queen-player who's in charge of her destiny, and thus restrictive over who sees her nekkid (and Emilia not wanting to go nude).

Many actresses have shared their experiences with nudity on screen. Sharon Stone felt led on by Paul Verhoven filming the infamous interrogation scene in Basic Instinct and was furious, even slapping him, but then relented because it was true to the character of Catherine Tramell. Stone explained her onscreen nudity to her father after he watched his daughter in "Basic Instinct."

She recalled, "I'm like, 'Well, yeah! I'm playing a sociopathic, sexual serial killer!' When it has common sense, it doesn't make sense to do something else. It really is the costume of your character. What else are you gonna do? It seems foolish to do something else and if you do something else, that distracts the audience if you're inauthentic. If you're inauthentically naked then it's distracting to the audience when you are naked."  (excerpted from the web)

Let's face it, boobies help careers....even "help" actresses win Oscars. Halle Berry had a HUGE fully naked sex scene with Billy Bob Thornton in Monster's Ball, and while her performance was like almost every other power-house performance she's done over the years, I think the neat little side effect of full or boob nudity wins women Oscars. Julia Roberts has talked about how she doesn't do nudity either, and how brilliant other actresses are in being sexy onscreen but not nude (case in point: Laura San Giacomo, her co-star in Pretty Woman, in Sex, Lies and Videotape), but don't tell me that her foul language and busty cleavage didn't help her win for Erin Brockovich.

the short naked list, possibly others:
Julie Christie - Darling (1965)
Glenda Jackson - Women in Love (1970)
Jodie Foster - The Accused (1988)
Holly Hunter - The Piano (1993)
Jessica Lange - Blue Sky (1994)
Helen Hunt - As Good As It Gets (side boob) (1997)
Gwyneth Paltrow - Shakespeare in Love (1998)
Hilary Swank - Boys Don't Cry (1999)
Halle Berry - Monster's Ball (2001)
Kate Winslet - The Reader (2008)
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Spooky

Spoiler...

[spoiler]Tilting at Dragons.

[/spoiler]

Eric

Quote from: Spooky on August 07, 2017, 09:23:15 AM
Spoiler...

[spoiler]Tilting at Dragons.

[/spoiler]

Behind the scenes vid on that battle:

Spooky

:like:

What an epic scene.

Spooky

Ozzy Man Reviews: Game of Thrones - Season 7 Episode 4

Spooky

I knew that...

[spoiler]... Jon Snow was the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Layanna Stark. I did not know that Rhaegar and Layanna were legally married, as the last episode revealed. That makes Jon the rightful heir to the throne and a true born Targaryen! It will be an interesting scene when Jon and Daenerys find out they are auntie and nephew.

Jon Snow of House Targaryen, First of His Name, The Resurrected, Rightful King of the Andals, The Rhoynar, and The First Men, The King In The North, The 998th Lord Commander of The Night's Watch, Savior of The Free Folk, Slayer of The Dead, The White Wolf, The Son of Ice and Fire, The Prince That Was Promised. [/spoiler]

Eric

Quote from: Spooky on August 14, 2017, 09:22:12 AM
I knew that...

[spoiler]... Jon Snow was the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Layanna Stark. I did not know that Rhaegar and Layanna were legally married, as the last episode revealed. That makes Jon the rightful heir to the throne and a true born Targaryen! It will be an interesting scene when Jon and Daenerys find out they are auntie and nephew.

Jon Snow of House Targaryen, First of His Name, The Resurrected, Rightful King of the Andals, The Rhoynar, and The First Men, The King In The North, The 998th Lord Commander of The Night's Watch, Savior of The Free Folk, Slayer of The Dead, The White Wolf, The Son of Ice and Fire, The Prince That Was Promised. [/spoiler]

Time to lose the "Snow" nomenclature!